Trying to figure out how long a certain seed will last? Want your seeds to last for as many years as possible? Find all the answers to your questions in this article! Seeds are the closest thing to magic we know of… It’s hard to believe those tiny little specks you’re holding in the palm of your hand are not only alive and metabolizing (albeit very slowly), but they also contain all the genetic and epigenetic information needed to grow an entire plant. These tiny specks are alive and have all the genetic information they need to grow into kale plants. Then at a certain point in their life cycle, they’ll produce countless new seeds containing small bits of new information that will help them grow better in the particular environment the parent seed experienced. And the process starts anew. Watching a seed sprout to life and grow into a mature plant is a wonder-filled experience for both kids and adults. If you’re a gardener, you have the opportunity to be an integral part of this magical process many times throughout the year.
- How to Grow Delicious Austrian Winter Peas For Winter GreensMarch 11th, 2019
- 6 ways to prevent or stop squash vine borersMay 28th, 2019
- Five Tomato Growing Tricks You Need to Start UsingMay 8th, 2019
- How to make a mixed green salad, from garden to table (with video)February 13th, 2021
- Small farmer choice: CSA vs farmers market vs wholesaleJanuary 25th, 2021
- 11 worst gardening mistakes beginners makeOctober 21st, 2020