As an Amazon Associate, GrowJourney may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. Read more: terms of service.
Want to watch free organic seed starting classes so you can take your gardening skills to the next level? Then you’ll love our three seed starting video classes taught by GrowJourney’s Aaron von Frank and Eliza Holcombe.
One of the most daunting tasks for gardeners is seed starting. While we have lots of seed starting articles and instructions throughout our website, we recognize that people are also visual learners.
That’s why we created a 3-part video series: GrowJourney’s complete guide to seed starting for organic gardeners.
GrowJourney’s complete guide to seed starting for organic gardeners – 3 free video classes
Here’s what’s included:
- Our 3-part video series providing a complete guide to seed starting;
- Seed Starting Ebook in case you’d prefer to read through any of the information from the video classes and/or get additional notes.
These three video classes will teach you everything you need to know to start, grow, and transplant healthy organic seedlings into your garden. Whether you’re a green thumb or a brown thumb, you’ll learn methods and approaches from watching these videos that will help you have better success starting your garden plants from seed.
The instructors are Eliza Holcombe, GrowJourney’s Education Director (Master Gardener, Master Naturalist, Permaculturalist) and Aaron von Frank (GrowJourney’s cofounder and an organic gardening teacher).
Video 1: Should You Start Garden Plants From Seed? Why?
Video 2: From Germination Day to Transplant Day
Video 3: The Do’s and Don’ts of Transplanting Your Seedlings Outdoors
Seed Starting Ebook/Notes & Additional Information From The Video Classes
If you prefer a written format and/or want to read through any of the notes and information provided in our video classes, check out our free Seed Starting Ebook: GrowJourney’s Complete Guide to Seed Starting.
Some of the seed starting products we recommend and mention in our videos and ebook include:
- Ladbrooke soil blocker kit
- full seed starting cell kit (cells + tray + dome)
- seedling heat mat (extremely helpful for getting good germination for seeds such as tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, etc that require high germination temps)
- thermostat to control heat mat temp
- live beneficial nematodes (eat fungus gnat larvae that can kill your seedlings)
- neem oil (if you have a problem with aphids on your indoor seedlings)
- plant tags
If you have any questions, please ask away in the comments section below.
-The GrowJourney Team